Equalities Statement Our school commitment
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- At Kennet Valley C of E VA Primary School:-
- We try to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and respectfully
- We want to make sure that our school is a safe and secure place for everyone
- We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them the same
- We aim to make sure that no-one experiences less favourable treatment or discrimination because of:
- Their age
- A disability
- Their ethnicity, colour or national origin
- Their gender
- Their gender identity (they have reassigned or plan to reassign their gender)
- Their marital or civil partnership status
- Their being pregnant or having recently had a baby
- Their religion or belief
- Their sexual identity and orientation.
We recognise that some pupils need extra support to help them to achieve and be successful
We try to make sure that people from different groups are consulted and are involved in our decisions, especially pupils, parents and those of us who can be treated less favourably. Our aim is for all children to achieve more.
We welcome our duties
To promote community cohesion (under the Education and Inspections Act 2006), to eliminate discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations (under the Equality Act 2010)