The Staff and Governors have been working on our School Development Plan.
For 2018-2019 we are focusing on the following things to make Kennet Valley a strong school, where children grow in confidence and make excellent progress academically.
- Continue to improve reading and writing for all learners, to ensure that pupils make more than expected progress across the key stages, whilst guaranteeing that children have a love for writing and reading.
- School to ensure that cross curricular links are planned throughout the school, building a strong broad and balanced curriculum for all learners including disadvantaged, SEND, middle and higher achieving pupils, which will allow them to make more than expected progress.
- Develop aspirations of the stakeholders within the school, so that children have a strong idea of the next steps within their lives and how to achieve them
- Further develop the STEM/STEAM teaching and learning within the school, to ensure that all learners are excited and involved in their learning.
- Continue to ensure that Governors work effectively as critical friends to all levels of leadership within the school, while developing the strategic vision and values of the school further.