Our School Aim:
We want all our children to look forward to coming to school and thoroughly enjoy learning while they are here. We strongly believe that the best learning takes place when children are happy, motivated and secure.
To offer all our children a challenging, inspiring and balanced curriculum, seeking the highest standards of personal development, embracing Christian understanding of everyone’s needs and difference and to nurture a personal responsibility for the high standards of learning, behaviour and respect for others.
Statement of Ethos & Values
The aim of the Governments Sport Premium Funding is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils. The targeted and strategic use of Sport Premium will support us in achieving our stated vision.
Christian Vision: Every Child Matters, Everyone Matters to Jesus
Sports Premium Information:
The Government is providing additional funding of £450 million over the 3 academic years 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015 and 2015 to 2016.
This funding – provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – will be allocated to primary schools. Headteachers will have the freedom to choose how they spend the money. The funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on improving the provision of PE and sport in schools. Ofsted will strengthen the coverage of PE and sport within the ‘Inspectors’ handbook so that schools and inspectors know how sport and PE will be assessed in future as part of the school’s overall provision.
The Sports Premium Grant, Allocation 2015/16
In the academic year 2015/16, Kennet Valley C of E Aided Primary School received a Sport Premium Grant of £8,370.
The following provisions will be funded during the 2015/16 academic year:
- Joining the ‘Be the Best You Can Be’ to discover everyone’s untapped potential within themselves for the whole school.
- The cost of hiring the Kennet Valley Hall & Sports Field as we do not access to our own school field
- The purchase of high vis jackets to ensure safety when walking to the Kennet Valley Hall
- The purchasing of further equipment to extend the range of sports and to be able to teach the children in smaller groups accessed by the children at the Kennet Valley Hall
- Membership of the Marlborough Sports Cluster
- A qualified sports coach has been contracted to come into school and teach a range of sports skills to year 4, 5 & 6 for an hour per week
- The provision of specialist coaching prior to cluster festivals to improve performance and outcomes for the children
It will be the responsibility of the Headteacher or delegated member of staff, to report to the Governors’ on the progress being made towards improving PE provision in our school.